Silas Chapman & Company - Insurance Since 1872. Serving West Hartford, Connecticut and the surrounding communities for over 135 years. 779 Farmington Avenue
2nd Floor
West Harford, CT  06119
Phone: 860.570.0700

Request an Insurance Quote

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional

Home > Insurance Services > Business Insurance > Inland/Ocean Marine Insurance (Transportation Insurance)
Inland/Ocean Marine Insurance (Transportation Insurance)

Inland/Ocean Marine Insurance (Transportation Insurance)A typical property policy insuring a company for its business contents restricts the location of that property to the specified locations listed within the policy. In the real world, business contents can be anywhere, and everywhere. You need to make sure you have the right form to cover your valuables worldwide if necessary.

An inland marine policy covers business property in the domestic United States without restricting its location. An ocean marine policy takes it one step further and covers the items worldwide. Either of these policies can provide the comprehensive coverage necessary to protect your assets while typically including additional perils such as breakage that might not be included in a standard business owner's property package.

Let our experienced professionals discuss your potential needs to make sure your "away from home" property has the right insurance policy in place. Whether your property is on the go, in the hands or others, or secured, Silas Chapman & Company can make sure it is covered.

Contractor Equipment Insurance
This specialized inland marine coverage provides the contractor with a comfort level that his equipment is insured for loss whether it is left on the jobsite, in a commercial vehicle, or stored off premises.
Learn More...

Transit Insurance
When goods are being shipped to and from insured locations, the property is said to be in transit. It doesn't matter if multiple forms of transportation are used, transit insurance is needed to cover these goods until they arrive at their ultimate destination.
Learn More...

Builder's Risk Insurance
New construction of a residential residence or a commercial building needs to be covered under a specialized property form known as a builder's risk policy. The standard homeowner or commercial building policy will not cover a building until a certificate of occupancy (CO) from the town is granted.
Learn More...

Copyright 2009-2014 Silas Chapman & Company - All Rights Reserved.
Silas Chapman & Company • 779 Farmington Avenue • West Hartford, Connecticut 06119
Phone: 860.570.0700 Fax: 203.397.9497
  Website Design: QuesTronix Software
Silas Chapman & Company has been providing insurance to businesses and individuals
in West Hartford, Connecticut and the surrounding communities for over 135 years.
Site Index
Close Website IndexWebsite Index
Having trouble finding something on our website?
Try our website search page.